Monday, 31 October 2011
Baking My Way: Saucepan Mocha Fudgies
1/2 cup butter
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
2 teaspoon hot water
2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons butter
2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, chocolate and coffee; cook on low heat until melted, stir contently. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar and egg; beat well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture alternately with milk. Beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix well.
- Stir in nuts. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet and cool.
- In a small bowl dissolve coffee in hot water.
- Add remaining frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Add enough milk for desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled cookies