Pages

Thursday 12 January 2012

Baking My Way: Cherry Chocolate Biscotti

For my first go at biscotti I think I did pretty good! I sent some out to my sister for Christmas and she loved it so I consider that a job well done! I didn't do the chocolate drizzle and I wish I did.  I think it really would have put it over the top for me. I mean really, there's nothing like more chocolate right?


3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons almond extract
3 eggs
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
3 tablespoons chocolate chips -- melted
3 tablespoons white vanilla chips -- melted

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet.

In large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat until well blended. Add almond extract and eggs. Blend well. Add flour and baking powder. Mix well. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.

Shape dough into two 10" rolls. Place rolls 5" apart on greased cookie sheet; flatten each to 3" width.

Bake 20-25 min. or until set and light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire racks. Cool 10 minutes.

With serrated knife, cut rolls diagonally into 1/2" slices. Arrange slices, cut sides down, on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown. Turn cookies over. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove from cookie sheets; cool 15 min. or until completely cooled.

Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate and vanilla chips.

Store in tightly covered container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...