Pages

Thursday 19 July 2012

Baking My Way: White Chocolate Cranberry Bars

Have you ever tried the cranberry bliss bar at Starbucks? Well I love that bar, but don't get it very often because, well I could each tons of it, so it was almost just as bad when I made this recipe the other day. I took it to a friends and thankfully everyone else liked it too and I didn't come home with much.

This bar is super rich, very chocolaty and chewy gooey good. it's almost exactly like the one from Starbucks but thankfully I have the rest of this Baking My Way challenge to go through before I'll allow myself to bake this again.


Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all purpose or unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 (12-oz.) pkg. (2 cups) white vanilla chips
1 tablespoon shortening

Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, extending foil over sides of pan. Grease foil. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.

In separate large bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; blend well. Gradually add flour mixture; blend at low speed just until combined. Fold in cranberries, walnuts and 1 1/2 cups of the vanilla chips. (Reserve remaining chips for topping). Spread batter in greased foil-lined pan.

Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.

In small saucepan over low heat, melt reserved 1/2 cup vanilla chips and shortening, stirring occasionally. Drizzle over warm bars. Cool completely. Cut into bars.

2 comments:

  1. Have not tried Starbucks cranberry bars, not even sure if the Starbucks over here do have it or not! Your white choc cranberry bars looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda, the bars look very tasty. In Germany we don't have that may barlike cakes. We are more the cakes and cookie eaters. Only last week I baked my first loaf pan of blondies. This recipe with cranberries and vanilla chips is definitely an option I might give a try!
    Thanks for sharing!
    - Annika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...