Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Baking My Way: Easy Cherry Rum Balls

 Can't say I love these rum balls. I like my rum with chocolate, and there's not chocolate in them....so there you go. 

  • 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers ( 40 to 50)
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped red candied cherries
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup rum
  • 3 tablespoons corn syrup
  • 2 tablespoons butter melted
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar

Preparation:

In medium bowl, combine crushed wafers , 1 cup powdered sugar, cherries, and pecans. Add rum, syrup and butter. Blend well. Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in the 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Cover tightly; let sit 24 hours for flavors to blend. Makes 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...