Pages

Thursday 12 January 2017

Gluten Free Flour Blend


I saw a lot of flour blends out there and I really didn't like what was in them. I wanted something healthier and with less starches. (I'm sure you've noticed on your gluten free journey that some gluten free stuff is just full of weird ingredients just to make the product look and taste just like the "normal" option.) 

Oats are often used in gluten free flour blends and I can't have oats either so I needed to get a bit created. 

I experimented a few times, made adjustments, and came up with a blend that I love! It's a hardier flour blend, great for breakfast cookies, breads, but not something you'd want to use for a fluffy sugar cookie (try Cloud 9 for that). 

Enjoy! 


Amanda's Flour Blend

- 6 cups brown rice flour 
- 3 3/4 cups quinoa flour 
- 2 cups Millet flour (sub for more rice and quinoa if you'd rather)
- 2 cups chickpea flour 
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Xanthan Gum
- 8 tablespoons flax Meal 
- 4 tablespoons corn starch 
- 1/4 cup chia seed (ground up) 
- 3 tablespoons cream of tartar 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...