Pages

Sunday 1 May 2011

Baking Goal: Homemade Twix Bar


A friend of mine had a going away party (they were going on a bike tour around Europe) and someone brought these. If I could have eaten the whole plate without looking selfish I would have! Wow are they good! I got there recipe from the baker and I'm sharing it here! I know there are a few variations to this online but I know this one is great! I can't wait to be doing my baking challenge and get to try this!

(Note: If you want a gluten free option check out this great blog! Anne Marie at Dreamer's Alcove converted it from this recipe to gluten free!!)

Base:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter

Filling1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp Corn Syrup
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup brown sugar

topping1-100g cadbury milk chocolate

mix together base till crumbly .  9x9 glass pan 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
combine filling in pot or saucepan stir constantly till boil. reduce heat stir 5 minutes .  Pour over hot base . Melt chocolate and pour over filling. cool and let set before cutting...

***After I put the filling in I usually put it in the fridge for about an hour and then I melt the chocolate and pour it over the cake.  Then I still let it sit for about an hour for the chocolate to set and then I cut it.  ******


I shared this recipe at:


Sweets for a Saturday, Check Me Out Saturday, Not Baad Sundays, Sweet Indulgences Sunday, Sundae Scoop , A Themed Baker Sundays, Joy of Desserts, Mangia Mondays, Made by you Mondays, Muffin Monday , Hunk of Meat Monday , Make a Food-e-Friend Mondays, A Marvelous Mess Monday, Made it on Monday, The More The Merrier Mondays, Meatless Mondays, 
Mouthwatering Monday Mingle Monday, Made from Scratch Tuesday, Tuesday Time Out, Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tutorial Tuesdays, Show me what ya got , Dr. Laura’s Tasty Tuesday, Take A Look Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, Hand Made Features
Make it Yours Day, Anything Related, Two Maids A Baking, Let's Do Brunch, Delectable Tuesday
Show & Tell Wednesdays, Idea Sharing Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesdays, Recipes I Can't Wait to Try, What's Cooking Wednesday, Wandering Wednesdays, Whatcha Makin' Wednesdays, What's Cookin' Wednesday, What I Whipped Up Wednesday, Whisking Wednesdays, Wow Me Wednesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, These Chicks Cooked Link PartyMaking It with Allie, Thrilling Thursday, Strut Your Stuff Thursday, Creative Juice Thursday, Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths, Show Off Your Stuff Party, Delightfully Inspiring Thursday, Recipe Swap Thursdays, It's a Keeper Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Sweet Tooth Friday, Friday Potluck, Feature Yourself Friday, Creation Corner Friday Link Party, Frugal Friday, Foodie Friday, Fantabulous Friday, Creative Girl's Blog Hop, Recipe Linky @ Big K, little a, Feasting in Fellowship Friday, Bake with Bizzy, Feature Friday
Highs and Lows

53 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks really good. I saw a comparable recipe that called for peanut butter cups but your recipe looks better. I linked up a recipe to your Savory Sunday, too. Thanks for linking up to my party!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I NEED these right now! They look wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great!
    I love the amount of carmel you put on too!
    Jennifer
    http://craftyhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those twix look amazing! I would never have thought to make it homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my--these look DIVINE! I can't wait to try these!

    Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I love Twix and this is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you shared this recipe. I just copied it and will be trying it out for our son and his friends (I'll substitute the corn syrup for simple syrup or mild honey though.) It's good to have a tried and true winner like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! I would love these! Will definitely have to try this easy recipe...I'm so glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW - would you mind leaving me a note at my blog and letting me know what your first name is please...I have a surprise for you this week...=) www.thebetterbaker.blogspot.com Thanks -

    ReplyDelete
  10. mm makes my mouth water haha.. choccccolate !! looks yuuuummy! Might have to give them a go :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopped by to tell you that this recipe was in the top three recipes for last week's Sweet Indulgences Sunday on A Well-Seasoned Life. It definitely deserved to be at the top. It looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wonderful kim! thanks heaps!! ya, they are pretty good if i do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh girl! My hubs is going to be lovin' me when I make these. Twix are his favorite thing ever. They may become mine too after looking at these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! You were in the top six for last weeks themed linky party. Hope to see you back for this week theme: bread.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So easy. Wow. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've made a similar bar...they are fabulous!!! Now I'm craving them again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing idea to make your own candy this easily! I love twix bars and these must be awesome. I'm so glad you shared this recipe! MMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have got to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot believe you have a recipe for homemade twix bars. I cannot wait to try these. Amazing photo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Twix is one of my absolute favorite candy bars! These look amazing! I am stopping by from Sweet as Sugar Cookies hop - Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These look so good! I was just thinking to myself the other day, "hmmm, I wonder how I'd make my own Twix bar..." Now I know! Thanks!
    Dorothy @ www.CrazyforCrust.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't even know what to say about this. Except - I NEED SOME NOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh, my favorite cookie! Thanks for this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your new cupcake banner! Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. so yummy these look awesome thanks for sharing will try my hand at them soon come see what we shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad you linked this tasty recipe to Monday, Mmm ... Dessert

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look amazing. I found your link up on Make a Food-"e"-friend Monday. I am looking forward to trying these. I think I will be making these later this week. Thanks for a great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These look too good for words-other than Yum!!! Thanks for a great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds so yummy, I had to save the recipe. Thanks!

    Alyzabeth's Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my goodness. I wish I wouldn't have seen these because now I am going to HAVE to try these out. I'm printing this off NOW :) I wanted to invite you over to show off your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness, I have to try that! YUM! Thanks for sharing your recipe. :) I came over from {wow me} wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, these really caught my attention! They look amazing and I'm going to be trying these really soon! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Christina
    www.inspirationforcelebration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Forget about buying Twix at the store from now on. I'd rather make my own and have a whole panful of them like you. You got the Top #1 spot at last week's Sweets for a Saturday with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Say what? Homemade twix bar?!?! Um, yes please, I want one immediately, but I guess I need to wait till morning. Thanks for this awesome recipe, I am dying to make it...tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am thinking I may need to make these. They look so yummy. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow this sounds easy AND delicious! I am definitely going to give this a try. Thanks so much for sharing it on Cast Party Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh yes, those look good!! Thanks for linking them up to 2 Maids a Baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Amanda...these look so delicious! I will absolutely make these sometime :) I featured them on my blog. Come over, check it out and grab a feature button if you'd like. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I LOVE Twix! I'm going to have to try these ASAP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Amanda,
    This is a great bar! Just looks delicious and I know that we are going to just love it. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh, you did a bad bad thing by posting this recipe!!! Now I am going to be like 500 lbs :)
    Love it!
    Come see me at
    http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. YUM!!! My thighs are not going to like me for trying to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  44. The twix bar is my favorite candy bar ... and it doesn't get better that being able to make it at home ... I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Want, want, want one of these right now. Look so ridiculously yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe with us at my link party. I hope you will come over tomorrow and share more of your yummy recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hey, Amanda! I came upon your blog quite by accident and fell in love with this recipe. I knew I just HAD To make it for Father's Day as it is our favorite candy, but I have a wheat allergy. So, I converted it to gluten-free. I am very very pleased with the results, even if I can't read instructions (as you'll see!! LOL) I wanted to share with you and let you know I have linked to you for my small family of readers.

    ♥ Anne Marie
    http://www.dreamersalcove.com/2011/06/gluten-free-homemade-twin-bars.html

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm SO in love with these!!! And so easy too.

    Thanks for sharing them on Sweet Tooth Friday, I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I made these today using gluten free flour in place of regular flour and added some xatham gum. I might not of cooked the center part long enough but since I've already eaten two servings I don't think it mattered! :) Thanks for posting this... (I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Kathleen, I have never used xanthan gum, but since Twix are crispy you might not need it. Check out my blog (♥ that Amanda so sweetly tagged ♥) for a GF mix (with optional flax) to try it without xanthan as well as GF!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Dragondreamer, I did check out your blog but I was being lazy so I just used a rice mix I had on hand!:) These are seriously good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...