Pages

Friday 2 September 2011

Baking My Way: Grandma's Thumbprints

These cookies are sinful. Not sure why they'd call them Grandma's Thumbprints when they taste that good. They are a rich and very nutty (or at least the way I made them) cookie. I will most definitely make these cookies again and I think they made it to Marshall's favorites list (of this baking challenge).

You are supposed to make these cookies smaller and crush up or even grind up the pecans but I liked them this way. I think I would try to make them smaller next time that way I don't eat so many of them! One cookie was pretty sweet! (but I loved every bite of it!) 



Cookies
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs, separated
2 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Frosting
2 cups icing sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-2 tbsp milk



Cookies:
Heat oven to 325F.

Combine brown sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks; blend well. Add flour and salt; mix well.

In a small bowl slightly beat egg whites. Shape dough into 3/4'' balls. Dip in egg whites; roll in pecans. Place on cookie sheet 2'' apart. With thumb make indentations in center of each cookie.

Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Frosting:
Combine all frosting ingredients, adding enough milk for desired consistency; blend until smooth. Spoon or pipe frosting into center of each cookie.

6 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous :) Could really go for one of those right now. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking cookies! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies sound heavenly. I love pecans and brown sugar in anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya these cookies are fantastic! you'll love them!! i made them a little large, i think next time I'd make them smaller so that i have more of them and so that they go further because once you start eating one you want to eat more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so sinful........ Will be making them soon just as soon as the weather cools here and I can have the oven on....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...