Here are a few practical tips to help curb unhealthy food cravings!
1. Never go anywhere without packing a healthy snack, like fruit or nuts.
2. Keep water with you at all times. Drinking water can often curb hunger pangs.
3. Think of a healthy alternative. Instead of ice cream, choose frozen yogurt, instead of chips and dip, choose baked chips and salsa. Any healthy change is a change in the right direction.
4. Control your portions. Take small amts at a time and go back only if you need to. (Even go so far as to take a smaller plate if you have to. It will make you feel like you are eating lots, and also keep you from taking too much)
5. Eat well balanced meals 3 times a day. Make sure they are high-fibre content meals. Fibre helps curb sugar cravings.
6. Distract yourself. Go for a walk, call a friend, etc.