Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Butternut Squash Soup

I think next time around I would put a lot more chicken broth because it's a super hardy soup but it was super tasty and perfect for fall!


Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 butternut squash (2 lb./900 g each), peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
2 cans (10 fl oz/284 mL each) 25%-less-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup light sour cream, divided
Premium Plus Crackers


Directions: 
HEAT oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add squash, onions and garlic; cook 5 to 10 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in allspice; cook 1 min.

ADD chicken broth. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on low heat 15 min. or until squash is tender. Add, in batches, to food processor; process until smooth. Return to saucepan; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.

LADLE soup into 8 bowls. Add 1 Tbsp. sour cream to each; swirl gently with spoon. Serve with crackers.

Adapted from here

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love butternut squash any way I can get it. This sounds like a great soup. MMM! Please stop by my blog and check out a giveaway going on...http://thebetterbaker.blogspot.com/2011/11/its-time-for-giveaway.html Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good. I've been looking for more soup recipes. I'd love you to add this to my link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda,
    We just love Butternut Squash and your recipe looks delicious. My very best wishes to you and your family for a blessed Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...