Pages

Friday 25 November 2011

Tootsie Roll Fudge

I saw this recipe and thought I'd give it a go with my own adaptation. I think it turned out great and the "OH......UMMMM....." almost moaning reaction I got from my husband means it passed the taste test in our house!


Ingredients
1 tablespoon Butter
2 cups Tootsie Roll Midgees
2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
3 cups Icing Sugar
2 tablespoons Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 cup Pretzels

Directions
Line a 9-in. square pan with wax paper. In a heavy saucepan, melt the Tootsie Rolls, peanut butter and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla (mixture will be very thick).

Spread into prepared pan. Crush the pretzels and sprinkle on top (I pressed them in a bit to get them to stick to the fudge). Using a sharp knife, score the surface into 1-in. squares.

Cool. Using the wax paper, remove fudge from pan; cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...