(As you can see I didn't put the glaze on. I tried the cookies when they were done and I thought they were sweet enough without it so I thought I'd just leave them)
These cookies are seriously tasty! I wasn't too sure what I would think of apples in cookies but wow, are they good!! I would highly recommend these cookies and I think they would be great for a picnic or a camping trip!
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 cup granola
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add milk, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, lemon peel and egg; blend well. Add all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in apples and granola. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F. for 9 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine glaze ingredients, adding enough lemon juice for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.