Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

Baking My Way: Granola Apple Cookies

(As you can see I didn't put the glaze on. I tried the cookies when they were done and I thought they were sweet enough without it so I thought I'd just leave them)

These cookies are seriously tasty! I wasn't too sure what I would think of apples in cookies but wow, are they good!! I would highly recommend these cookies and I think they would be great for a picnic or a camping trip!

       Ingredients

  • 1 1/2  cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2  cup butter, softened
  • 1/4  cup milk
  • 1  tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1  teaspoon grated lemon peel
  • 1  egg
  • 1 1/2  cups all purpose flour
  • 1  cup whole wheat flour
  • 1  teaspoon baking soda
  • 1  teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
  • 1/4  teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2  cups finely chopped apples
  • 1  cup granola
  •  
    Glaze 
  • 3/4  cup powdered sugar
  • 2  to 3 teaspoons lemon juice

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add milk, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, lemon peel and egg; blend well. Add all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in apples and granola. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  2. Bake at 375°F. for 9 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
  3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine glaze ingredients, adding enough lemon juice for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...