Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Baking My Way: Crisp & Chewy Molasses Cookies

These cookies are a lot like ginger snaps. I love ginger snaps but if I wanted to make them I would just make them,  I don't think I would make these.  I find it silly they don't just call them ginger snaps, but I guess there are a few different ingredients.  I just don't get why someone would create a recipe so similar. Well another recipe tried, moving on to more in the book!


INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger

DIRECTIONS
In large bowl, combine sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add molasses and egg; blend well. Add all remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.

On waxed paper, shape dough into roll 9 inches long. Wrap roll in waxed paper or plastic wrap; refrigerate 6 hours or until firm.

Heat oven to 375°F. Cut dough into 1/2-inch slices; cut each slice into quarters. Place slices 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 375°F. for 6 to 10 minutes or until set. Immediately remove from cookie sheets.

1 comment:

  1. That looks so darn good + I love (almost) anything baked + I still can't eat fruit cake.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...