Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Baking My Way: Glazed Cheesecake Brownie

 I wasn't too sure I'd like this bar. It didn't seem super interesting and I've had those chocolate cream cheese cupcakes that everyone seems to make and I find them pretty boring and dry so when I tried this I was seriously surprised. This brownie is super moist, just the right amount of sweetness and chocolate, and then you have that wonderful glaze, OMG, I eat two pieces without even realizing it, it was so good I just kept going! (Blush).

I highly suggest this brownie, especially if you want a cheesecake dessert that's a little different then the usually.
(Note: It also freezes really well!)

Topping
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

Brownies
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
3 tablespoons margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Glaze
1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
2 teaspoons margarine

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch square pan. In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; blend well. Set aside.

In medium saucepan, melt 4 oz. chocolate and 3 tablespoons margarine over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat; cool 15 minutes. Add 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla; blend well. Beat in 2 eggs 1 at a time, blending well after each addition. Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir just until blended. Pour into greased and floured pan. Pour topping over batter.

Bake at 350°F. for 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.

In small saucepan, melt glaze ingredients until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle over brownies. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.

5 comments:

  1. Such delicious treats!
    I love cheesecake-brownies and your look soooooooooooo tempting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good, I know my kids would really love this! Thanks for sharing, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good will be trying it out especially since it freezes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so delicious.

    Wye

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing!! I would love it if you would come on over to my very first link party and share them at http://mommyssweetconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/08/sundays-sweet-confessions-first-link.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...