Pages

Monday 9 July 2012

Baking My Way: Lemon Brown-Eyed Susan Cookies

I found these cookies seriously boring when it came to taste. I think if I were ever to make them again I would make a yellow icing and ice the cookies around the chocolate chips. I even had some left over icing from something else and iced a couple of them and tried them that way and it makes them 70% better. I found these cookies sort of dry and again pretty boring on flavor. I skipped the egg yolk and food coloring part but it seems that all the other photos and blogs that I found have done the same. (unless you're bringing them somewhere there's sort of no point as it doesn't add any flavor). I'll be honest, I'm never going to make this one again, but it's crossed off the list and one less recipe to make!


1 cup sugar
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 egg
3 cups Pillsbury’s Best All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon water
Few drops yellow food color
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

In large bowl, beat sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and egg; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt; mix well. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.

Heat oven to 400ยบ F. On lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to ¼-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2 to 3-inch flower-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with second half of dough. In small bowl, combine egg yolk and water; blend well. Stir in food color. Brush tops of cookies with egg yolk mixture.

Bake at 400° F for 5 to 7 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediatley place chocolate chip in center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets. 5 ½ dozen cookies.

Recipe Source 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...