Pages

Thursday 9 August 2012

Baking My Way: Supreme Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies


These cookies are very chocolatey! I decided that this recipe was a bit much for me so when I made it I cut the below recipe in half. And I just didn't want all mint cookies so I made half of the dough with peanut butter chips and the other half with broken up mint wafers I had left over from making the Starlight Mint Surprise Cookies awhile back.



I decided also that these cookies were already really sweet on their own so I didn't make the glaze but adding that would just make them that much more decadent and chocolatey so if that's what you want go for it! If not, without the glaze is a nice substitute for the simple chocolate chip cookie.

4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cups unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoons Salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar; firmly packed
1 1/2 cup butter; soft
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips (10-oz.)

Glaze:
2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla


Heat oven to 350~F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. In large bowl, combine
flour, 1 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat
sugar, brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Add eggs; blend
well.

Stir in flour mixture; mix well. Stir in mint chips. Drop by
tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets; flatten
slightly.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minutes; remove from
cookie sheets. Cool completely.

In medium saucepan, combine all glaze
ingredients except vanilla. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minutes. Stir in
vanilla; cool. Beat until smooth and of glaze consistency. Glaze cooled
cookies; allow glaze to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...