I love chewy, soft, fudgy brownies. I never seem to find the right combination so I played around and created my own! This brownie is so decadent, sweet, very chocolatey. It's rich and wonderful! It's like fudge but so so much better!! (no sweetened condensed milk, ick!)
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons almond extract
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9" baking pan. In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add sugar, almond extract and eggs; blend well. Add flour, cocoa and salt; mix well. Stir in chocolate. Pour into greased pan.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until set. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan combine white and brown sugars, salt, milk, butter and chocolate chips.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for 3 minutes
- Remove from heat
- In in icing sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.
Frost cooled brownie