Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar (375 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil (375 ml)
- 1 cup of plain yogurt (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (5 ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 ml)
- 2 1/2 cups of flour (625 ml)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (15 ml)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (5 ml)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 ml)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- (scant) two cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh strawberry purée
- In a food processor, mix the eggs with the
sugar, oil, yoghurt, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla. Add flour,
cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Blend until just incorporated.
- Place cupcake papers into a muffin pan, divide
the batter in the cupcake papers, pour only halfway so batter doesn’t
overflow, and bake, rotating half way through, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting