This bar was seriously good!! I would make it again and again! I think I would reduce the amount of caramels because and have no nuts, more like a Twix bar. It's crazy rich but I see why you need all the nuts, it makes it a little less intense. Either way, so good!!
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 24 caramels, unwrapped
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease 9-inch square pan. In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter and 1 tablespoon whipping cream until well blended. Add flour; mix until crumbly. With floured hands, press mixture evenly in pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, place caramels and 1/3 cup whipping cream. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Add pecans; stir well to coat. Immediately spoon over baked base; spread carefully to cover.