Pages

Sunday 19 March 2017

Sugar-free Catalina Salad Dressing



We live in the country now and that means sometimes running out of stuff and not having a lot of options near buy. I was making taco salad and realized I was totally out of Caralina Dressing. I wasn't about to go to the corner store and pay $5 for a small bottle so I did some googling. I wasn't happy with what I found (recipes full of sugar) so I decided to take notes and make something I was happy with (and I dare to say it's almost healthy for you too!)

Here's my take on Kraft's Catalina Dressing (and after this I'm not going back - this is my new fav)

Sugar-free Catalina Dressing 


3/4 cup honey 
2 teaspoons sea salt 
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika 
1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon onion flakes 
1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup ketchup (or tomato paste) 
1 cup Olive Oil 


Mix it all together in a jar or bottle and you can start using it right away. I like to leave mine sitting on the counter for 2-3 hours first, to really have the flavours come out. Store in the fridge. With the vinegar in it it can store in the fridge for up to 2 months (but I tend to use it up well before then!) 

I use this on taco salad, on chicken, with rice, in pulled pork or, as a dip for other veggies. It's got a really nice smoky taste. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...