My blog is Dreaming of White Chocolate . It is a baking blog highlighting the use of white chocolate. My focus is on desserts, although a savory dish pops up from time to time. Most featured specialties are pudding chip cookies, candies (especially fudge), and cakes.
My name is Michelle and I am 28 years old. I live in a little country town in New York called Hanover with my wonderful husband, Jeff, our beautiful 20 month old daughter, Julia, and our five cats. I used to teach elementary school but am now a stay at home mom.
I love to bake in our new kitchen, and Julia loves to help me out too! Sometimes this means that a 20 minute recipe takes three times longer, but it is well worth seeing how happy it makes her to help mommy out. My favorite recipe is for white chocolate chip pudding cookies, and my favorite kitchen tool is my cookie scooper.
I am a follower of Jesus Christ, and my favorite Bible verse in Zephaniah 3:17. ("The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing").
Blissful White Chocolate Brownies
1/3 cup butter
1 bag Hershey White Chocolate Bliss candies, unwrapped
3 Tablespoons whole milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the brownie base:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt Bliss chocolates and 1/3 cup butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in 3 Tablespoons milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, eggs, and 3/4 cup sugar. Mix very well.
3. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
4. Pour into a greased 9" round cake pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Pour frosting on top of warm brownies.
For the frosting:
1. In a small saucepan bring3 Tablespoons milk, 3 Tablespoons butter, and 3/4 cup sugar to a rolling boil over medium heat. Boil 45 seconds and remove from heat.
2. Immediately stir in white chips and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth.
3. Pour over warm brownies and let set. Cut into 12 wedges and serve.
If you're interest in doing a guest post here's all the info! I'd love to have you post!!