Pages

Monday 19 September 2011

Rocky Road Ice Cream

I have a small ice cream maker (1 quart with using both bowls) so I have a little bit of a hard time finding recipes that are sized right for my machine.  I also really wanted a Rocky Road ice cream recipe but I couldn't find any that I liked so I made one! This recipe makes 1/2 a quart so it's the perfect small serving for 2 or the indulgent serving for one!

Ingredients:

(Here's the recipe for some seriously good Rocky Road Fudge Bars)

Directions:

Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 30 mins

(This ice cream is so good I forgot to take a picture before I started eating!)

  1. Place freezer bowl of ice cream maker into the freezer. (24 hours before you want to make your ice cream)
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
  3. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla to taste.
  4. Stir in cake mix, making sure there are no lumps.
  5. Pour mixture into the freezer bowl and let mix until it has thickened (about 15-25 minutes).
  6. Add Rocky Road pieces and let mix until pieces are well mixed in. 
  7. Remove ice cream from freezer bowl and place into a separate container.
  8. Place freezer bowl and the ice cream into the freezer to further harden.

1 comment:

  1. I love Rocky Road! I really like how it's a small serving. Otherwise I eat the whole thing! ;) I'd love for you to share this on my linky, Crazy Sweet Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...