Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Baking My Way: Chocolate Macadamia Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks

Seriously, bake these cookies!! I didn't do them exactly as directed (I added chocolate chips, took out the nuts and added more cocoa) but I got the jest of how they were supposed to taste like and just like the recipe or my way these cookies are a must!! It's a rainy cold day so these were a perfect warm up....Also the cookie dough is amazing! I think before I even baked them I had 2 cookies worth of dough (blushing) before I even tried one of the baked cookies. A must have for in the freezer when you want that little chocolate delight (and the hint of almond is a wonderful treat in the mouth). 

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
2 cups Flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 oz. white chocolate baking bar, cut into 1/2-inch chunks, or 1 cup white chocolate chips
1 (3 1/2-oz.) jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

DIRECTIONS
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add almond extract and egg; blend well.

Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in white chocolate chunks and nuts. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 375°F. for 8 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...