Monday, 15 October 2012
Baking My Way: Cocoa-Mallow Cookie-Wiches
Marshall told me after trying these that they taste just like a cookie he used to always get when he went down to Mexico, so I took that as a very good thing! They are similar to a home make Oreo but a lot fluffier. They're a pretty messy cookie so I suggest eating them fresh out of the freezer! (because they're such a fluffy cookie they don't freeze very hard)
1 cup Sugar
1⁄2 cup Butter, softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 large Eggs
1 cup Milk
2 cup Flour
1⁄2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 1⁄2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1⁄2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
2 cup Powdered Sugar;
1 cup Marshmallow Cream
1⁄4 cup Butter
1⁄4 cup Shortening
3 to 4 teaspoons Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In large bowl, combine sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and egg; blend well.
2. Stir in 1 cup milk.
3. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and all remaining ingredients, mixing well.
4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges appear set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cooking sheets.
6. Cool. In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
7. Place flat slice of 2 cookies together with 1 tablespoon filling in between