Pages

Saturday 13 October 2012

Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream

 This ice cream is amazing. I wasn't too sure on the peanut and jelly part but I thought I'd give it a try. I used a triple berry and concord grape jelly I made and I recommend a dark not as sweet jelly but either way, so yummy!!
 
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
5 egg yolks
1 1/3 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup of your favorite jelly 

Scald milk and cream.

Lightly whisk eggs in a stand mixer along with the sugar, and then add the scalded mixture in a slow stream running down the side of the bowl on a low speed. Pour back into saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon add 1 cup of peanut butter. Pour custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. If you’re making chunky reserve the peanut pieces to add in later.

Chill custard, stirring occasionally, until cooled. Freeze custard in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.  Transfer to a suitable freezing container. Fold in the jelly. Put in freezer to firm up. 

Adapted from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments and feedback! I enjoy reading each one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...