Not sure why they call them Texan-sized but I'll forgive that because these are such wonderful cookies! They were a huge hit for my buyers as well. They're on the list of recipes I will be making again!
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
3-1/2 cups Pillsbury's® All-Purpose Flour
1 cup Pillsbury® Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cups coarsely chopped almonds
6 or 7.8-oz. package almond brickle baking chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. In large bowl, blend sugar, powdered sugar, butter and oil until well mixed. Add almond extract and eggs, mix well.
3. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
4. Gradually blend in all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, soda, salt and cream of tartar at low speed. By hand, stir in almonds and bricklechips. Chill, if desired.
5. Shape large tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, roll in sugar. Place 5 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With fork dipped in sugar, flatten in crosscross pattern.
6. Bake at 350°F. for 12 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool cookies 1 minute before removing from cookie sheets.